Our school district’s mission says in part that we aim to develop internationally-minded students and to that end we “challenge ourselves, our students, and our community to become caring and knowledgeable lifelong learners who inquire and take action to create a better world.”
Fridley continues to welcome all our students and families who have chosen to make our schools their schools of choice. As International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools, we demonstrate the ideals of the IB Learner Profile by caring about every single member of our school community and we are committed to supporting our students as best as we can.
We want to assure all our Fridley students and families that they are welcome here and that we will continue to provide the same level of quality education in a safe and welcoming environment to all our students as we have always done
MISSION STATEMENT AND PRIORITIES FOR IMPROVEMENT
As a world class community of learners, Fridley Public Schools aims to develop internationally minded students. We challenge ourselves, our students, and our community to become caring and knowledgeable life-long learners who inquire and take action to create a better world.
Our mission is to guide students in the development of learning skills to help them reach their full potential.
- Provide a nurturing environment
- Create high expectations defined by learner outcomes
- Develop exemplary programs and continuously improve them
- Strive to meet students' needs
- Respect individual differences
Fridley's vision is to develop an educational foundation for students
- To be life-long learners
- To develop high skill levels
- To care for others
- To be adaptable
- To be prepared to thrive in a diverse, changing society
Values Fridley will promote: The International Baccalaureate (IB) Learner Profile
School Board Operational Priorities for Improvement
1. Ensure district-wide high-level school performance through review and inquiry.
2. Alignment of policies, procedures, and performance that support best practices linked to high levels of student achievement.
3. Alignment of policies, procedures, and performance that foster an equitable, welcoming, safe, and respectful environment for students, staff, teachers, and community.
4. Protect and direct Fridley Public Schools' financial stability through long-range planning and oversight.
5. Continuous improvement of parent, school, and community partnerships through public engagement.
Individual schools will establish goals in the district priority areas each year based on the needs at each school. Each school will measure and report progress towards attainment of its goals and will make changes in its goals and supporting activities as needed. The district administration will provide direction and support for program development and evaluation and will monitor the extent to which district priorities are successfully addressed.