Welcome 2018-19 Kindergarten families!
We are pleased to welcome you to Fridley Public Schools! Hayes Elementary and Stevenson Elementary are both International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools. As such, your kindergartener has access to the full IB magnet programs.
View the 2018-19 Kindergarten Handbook
About Kindergarten at Fridley Public Schools
- Fridley Public Schools offers kindergarten programs at both Hayes Elementary and R.L. Stevenson Elementary Schools.
- Each kindergarten student begins his or her journey to college readiness with the following core academic disciplines: reading, math, science and social studies.
- Students have experiences in music, art, physical education, media and Spanish.
- All students at each school have access to International Baccalaureate magnet program.
At the center of an International Baccalaureate (IB) education are students with unique learning styles, strengths and challenges. The IB focuses on each student as a whole person. Thus, IB programmes address not only cognitive development but social, emotional and physical well-being. The aim is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people with adaptable skills to tackle society’s complex challenges and who will help to make the world a better place.
Primary Years Programme (PYP)
In Fridley Public Schools, the PYP is offered to all students from pre-Kindergarten through Grade 4. Founded on a philosophy that recognizes a child’s natural curiosity, creativity and ability to reflect, the PYP generates a stimulating, challenging learning environment to nurture those assets and foster a lifelong love of learning in every child. Like all IB programmes, it is transdisciplinary, meaning students learn across subject areas while investigating big ideas:
- Addresses students’ academic, social and emotional well-being.
- Encourages students to develop independence and to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Supports students’ efforts to gain understanding of the world and to function comfortably within it.
- Works within global contexts. Students increase understanding of languages and cultures, and explore globally significant ideas and issues.
- PYP students take Spanish classes, where they are introduced to Spanish language and culture.
- Explores significant content that is broad and balanced, conceptual and connected.
- Helps students establish personal values as a foundation upon which international-mindedness will develop and flourish.
Enroll in Kindergarten at Fridley Public Schools
- Enroll Online
Click here to begin registration! Please note: To complete the registration process, you will need to bring the required documents (listed at the bottom of the page) to the Enrollment Office.
- Register in person at the Enrollment Office located in the Fridley Community Center
Visit the Enrollment Office at 6085 7th Street NE, Fridley, 55432. Staff will assist you in completing the online registration. To complete the registration process, you will need to bring the required documents
Please note: The following documents are required to complete registration. Please be sure to have these documents with you when registering:
- Proof of address (driver’s license, utility bill, rental/purchase agreement) OR Open Enrollment Form
- Child’s original birth certificate
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Preschool screening documents if screened outside our district
Copies will be made of each document and originals returned to you. If registering online, please be sure to bring these documents the Enrollment Center.
Feel free to contact Lori O'Dowd, Enrollment Coordinator with questions at 763-502-5081.